What is Immune system?
The immune system is made up with many special organs, cells and chemicals in the body that fight against infection (microbes). The main parts of the immune system are white blood cells, antibodies, the complement system, the lymphatic system, the spleen, the thymus and the bone marrow.
These are the parts of your immune system that actively fight against infection. In other words The immune system of body is like a network system of biological processes that protects an organism against disease. Germs like bacteria or viruses invade to body and multiply itself. It is called an infection. The infection causes the disease that makes you sick.
How infections spread?
Infections can attack on our body through many ways. Germs can travel by touching the skin, having sex and breathing in drops from someone else's sneeze or cough. They can come through blood when shared needle or an insect bite and also get germs from contaminated food or water.
How our body protect us?
Our body parts including sweat on skin, tears in eyes, mucus in nasal passages, digestive system, and a woman's vagina stop invaders to get in. These liquids in body makes not only push away dirt and germs but also have enzymes that also kill bacteria.
How Antibiotics fight with infections?
OurAntibiotics can be used to improve the immune system to fight against infections by bacteria but antibiotics don’t work for infections caused by viruses. Antibiotics were developed to kill bacteria, means that works for skin infection caused by a certain bacteria. It's important to take antibiotics as prescribed and for the right amount of time. Antibiotics should not to be stopped early, otherwise the bacteria may develop a resistance to the antibiotics then the infection may come back again strongly.
How to improve Immunity?
There are several ways to improve Immunity but most important points are below
- Don't Smoke or Drink - If you are fond of or in habit to smoke or drink, quit immediately which is dangerous to your health. Both can be cause for many diseases.
- High Nutrition Diet - You should include high nutrition diet of fruits and vegetables.
- Regular Exercise - Exercise is best way to be healthy and fit. Daily 10-15 Minute exercise will make you strong and healthy.
- Get Enough Sleep - Medical Science always suggest to take at least 7 hours sleep to everyone. Enough rest is good for mind and body in a day.
- Include Indian Spices - Indian Spices have many amazing powers which help to improve our immunity.
- Avoid Added Sugar & Fast food - These type of foods are not consider as healthy food, these suppresses immunity power and can increase the obesity and other related diseases.
- Keep Calm & Stress Free - You should keep calm and stress free. Meditation, Yoga, Exercise and Novels reading can be helpful to lowering your stress level.